Twitter

Tuesday, April 29, 2014

Eduvox 1.7

Eduvox

"All my originals ideas are borrowed ideas infused with my creativity & style."

Dear Katie,

As you sift through the deluge of educational opinion and advice on the Internet (including my own), here are some blog posts that I believe deliver practical ideas and/or sound advice from voices other than my own.  Enjoy!

http://poskerhill.wordpress.com/2011/04/06/real-teaching-part-one-teaching-starts-outside-the-classroom/

TWITTER: @poska

Human interaction, encouragement, and support is so important in young people's lives, I hope that educational leaders remember that as video streamed on classes are pushed more and more.  A @poska writes a great reminder that you do not teach a subject, you teach students.  Taking time to know them outside classroom will get them excited what you are saying inside.

http://mandyvasek.com/2014/04/05/byting-off-more-pd-with-2-0-tools/

TWITTER: @mandyvasek

Teacher inservice/staff meetings, the bane of my existence as a teacher.  @mandyvasek makes some good points about the inclusion of web tools to enhance the experience and learning fort he teacher, and thus to actually get something out of it other than a sore butt.  Makes you think about what your classroom presentation is like to the student.

http://englishteacherman81.wordpress.com/2014/02/02/game-based-learning-in-the-classroom/

TWITTER: @english_maven

I LOVE implementing games in the classroom.  @english_maven offers both a blog and a YouTube video of the online tool Kahoot.  I know I have written in the past how Socrative has changed how I run classroom games, time to see how Kahoot will change things up also.

No comments:

Post a Comment